Get Command & Conquer Generals and Zero Hour working flawlessly on Windows 10 with GenPatcher. It applies all the latest fixes and will solve around 99% of the issues related to launching the game. Compatible with all major C&C Generals and Zero Hour releases.
GenPatcher v1.2b Offline Bundle
This download package contains GenPatcher with all required and optional files. This download is only recommended for those with limited internet access to allow for offline usage.
Supported Game Installations
The list below shows all supported game installations for GenPatcher. Other game installations may work but are not officially supported. If your game installation is not supported, it is recommended to make a backup of your game installation directory before running GenPatcher.
- Origin (English & German) game installations
- The First Decade (English) game installations
- CD (English, French & German) game installations
- ISO (English, French & German) game installations
When clicking the Apply Fixes button, the following fixes will be carried out:
- Download and install Visual C++ Redistributable (x86) 2005
- Download and install Visual C++ Redistributable (x86) 2008
- Download and install Visual C++ Redistributable (x86) 2010
- Download and install DirectX Runtime June 2010
- Download and install C&C Generals patch 1.08 (if required)
- Download and install Zero Hour patch 1.04 (if required)
- Download and install C&C Generals fixed executable (if required)
- Download and install Zero Hour fixed executable (if required)
- Download and install proxy launcher for C&C Generals and Zero Hour for GameRanger (if not installed)
- Download and install DatGen for C&C Generals and Zero Hour (if required)
- Download and apply C&C Generals and Zero Hour HD game icons (if not applied)
- Fix broken desktop shortcuts
- Add desktop shortcuts for window mode
- Fix broken start menu shortcuts
- Add missing start menu shortcuts
- Add start menu shortcuts for window mode
- Apply Windows XP SP3 compatibility to C&C Generals and Zero Hour executables
- Apply Run-as-Administrator compatibility to C&C Generals and Zero Hour executables
- Rename dbghelp.dll to dbghelp.dll.bak for C&C Generals and Zero Hour
- Rename BrowserEngine.dll to BrowserEngine.dll.bak for C&C Generals
- Delete Data\INI\INIZH.big for Zero Hour
- Create an optimized options.ini file in the Data folders
- Add missing entries in the Windows Registry for Origin game installations
- Add missing entries in the Windows Registry for The First Decade game installations
- Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour Data folder compatibility for international versions
- Automatic game detection support when installing GameRanger
- Fix window mode for Origin game installations
- Fix command line arguments for the Origin launcher
- Fix 'Abort' functionality for GameRanger
Assuming the fixes were applied successfully, the game should now work correctly on Windows 10. Your game installation will be very stable and capable of playing online. In case you still experience any errors, please contact me at email@example.com.
GenTool provides enhanced game controls and optimizations to maximize your online gaming experience. Here is a quick list of features:
- Single player extended zoom out support
- Widescreen support up to 4k
- Access to the Generals Online (cnc-online) multiplayer platform
- Player win/loss tracking on cnc-online
- Community map pack with over 90 maps
- Increases the map limit from 100 to 1200 maps
- Fix numerous game crashes
- Anti-cheat functionality
- See players' money and rank when watching replays
- Observers are able to chat while observing
- Frame-by-frame support when watching replays
- Extended zoom out support when watching replays
- Uploads replays and in-game screenshots to gentool.net (optional)
GenTool comes highly recommended and is essential when playing online. For more information please visit http://www.gentool.net/.
This pack improves texture quality of the control bar by 150-200%. It uses textures 4 times larger than usual and should only be used with high resolutions. For more information please visit http://www.gentool.net/.
This map pack acts as a 'starter' map pack for single and multiplayer. It contains a variety of popular maps as well as modded maps.
In this pack you will find the most popular cXn maps, AOD maps, mission maps, 100% Cash Bounty maps, and more. This map pack is highly recommended for those who wish to play online.
World Builder v2.2
This is the enhanced World Builder for Zero Hour. It was modified by I^Love^Mixery to make the tool more user-friendly. For more information please visit GeneralsCentral.
A special thank you goes out to Xezon, the creator and owner of GenTool. He has spent countless hours helping me make GenPatcher possible. Thank you very much for also hosting most of the necessary files on gentool.net.
Another big thank you goes to Passe for helping me with the German version of the game on Origin. Also a big thanks to the beta-testers: posersk8er, xtrju, FleX, !-Mustafa-!, SkyMix, Kybaexu, AKAbolony, MansteinMünchen, The King, hihisham, and Sir Mira.